Latest News: Forums General Fishers Green Sailing Club – Waltham Abbey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AUTHOR
    m588

Hello peeps,

Is there anyone in the UKWA who is also a member of the Fishers Green Sailing Club in Waltham Abbey? It’s a long shot, but you never know …

Marie

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

http://WWW.Fishergreensc.org.uk.fleet contact name and club details on the site,
    Also search Wayfarer website for club and contact details for that and other clubs,

CP

m588

Hello,

thank you for the reply. Peter and I have joined the club now and it would be nice to meet Wayfarer owners who have joined both the UKWA and Fishers Green.

We are hopefully going to put W588 in the club this week-end, weather permitting. No doubt there will be tears an tantrums (from me mainly). We will keep you posted!

Have a good week-end to all,

Marie (& Peter of course)

Dave Bevan

Hi Marie and Peter,
    Not Fishers Green, but I’m in Herts (Hitchin) and sail ours at Grafham.
    Good luck, keep the reports coming!

Jim Briggs

Hi Marie
    As it happens I am a member of the Wayfarer Association and a Member of Fishers Green Sailing Club. My boat “Gymtree” W9786 Is possibly the most used Wayfarer at the club. Last year we managed to sail most Wensdays Saturdays and Sundays.
    We will be sailing tomorrow evening (start horn 7PM) Why don’t you plan to pop over and join us.
    Hope to see you soon

Jim

m588

Hello Jim!

yes, you and I chatted one late afternoon at the club, I remember.

This Wed Peter and I are invited to a birthday dinner, after that we are away for a couple of weeks. We are lucky enough to crew in Italy, but we wold like to meet up and sail.

I will let you know when we are there. I might turn up this Sunday. Are there any restrictions due to the Bank Holiday?

Thank you for the post

Marie

Jim Briggs

Hi Marie
    Yes I remember chatting to you now at FGSC. By all means pop up to Fishers Green on Sunday, there will be club racing going on. On Bank holls Monday the club will be open but there will be no racing.
    Unfortunately I can’t be there this weekend due to a previous engagement but we are planning to be racing again on Wed the 1st.

Just as an aside, we were racing last wed, as I have told you before we are still learning the art of sailing (we have only been sailing 18 months). On Wed however we were extremely elated because we managed to be the first over the start line and first to round the windward mark. (please note I haven’t said where we actually finished) LOL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.