Latest News: Forums Cruising Falmouth 2009. Here we come!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Liam

Dear all

Please see my post on Falmouth 2009 in the Racing Thread. It seems bonkers not to use this get together of Wayfarers for both Racing and excellent Cruising. I will populate that thread with detail as organisation progresses and I do hope we can integrate our preferred sailing styles into one excellent Wayfarer event for 2009. I have attached a few photos to give those who have not been there before, some idea of the estuary. There is a second slipway just out of the shot of RSC clubhouse. Some may recognise Jim Grant, a regular visitor to Falmouth.

Liam

W 10507
    Silver Lining

Swiebertje
    Participant

May I suggest you plan for a rally *after* the racing?

The 15th International rally takes place from August 2nd to August 9th, just across the Channel from Falmouth, in Piampol (Brittany, France). Several foreign racers will be joining the International rally and I think it is safe to assume that most of them are considering participation in the Falmouth regatta as a training for the next Worlds. A wind down rally after wards would make a great 3 week sailing holiday. If not, several convenient two week windows can be placed over the three week period. Even pure cruisers may choose to visit both cruising events with a non sailing Anglo/French break in between.

Know that I would love to come to Falmouth after the rally in France.

RayS

There is also a choice of Poole Week or Ullswater week 23rd – 28th August so why not make it a four week holiday!

Ray

Canvaswind

I’m planning on cruising the area during Falmouth Week, based at Restronguet SC – are you likely to be there or interested?

Rob
    Treacle Too. W 8986

Liam

Hi Rob
    Good to hear from you. You will be made very welcome at Restronguet both by the club( I speak as a member) and by the Wayfarer fleet.
    If ok with you I should like to start up a list of cruisers.
    We will ensure you get the same information as those going for the racing so you can join the social events etc if you wish. Can I suggest you keep an eye on the Falmouth thread on the Racing forum just in case I don’t do a good job of bringing you up to date with developments.
    Regards
    Liam
    W 10507 ‘Silver Lining’

Dave Bevan

We’re making plans for Falmouth this year. Looks ideal for our style of family cruising – short passages to sandy beaches, with some adventure thrown in!

Liam

Good news again. I am told by the locals there have been a number of enquiries from Wayfarer sailors about camping, B&B, Boat storage etc. The momentum is increasing and with this summer forecast it could be a great year and great event.
    Liam

Dave Bevan

Just booked our camping.
    Carnon Downs is already full for that week, but got into Cosawes (who are also getting full).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.