Latest News: Forums General Dinghy Show Ally Pally.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Turtill

We were looking forward to this but now I discover we cannot go. It is inside the London Emmission Zone and none of our vehicles can go there even though they are registered as disabled vehicles. Bummer.

pete

admin

Having just looked at the TFL webpage for the London Emission Zone I have to assume you are driving a traction engine or a tank.

You could always park outside the zone and get a taxi to the door….

Turtill

@Mike Summers wrote:

Having just looked at the TFL webpage for the London Emission Zone I have to assume you are driving a traction engine or a tank.

You could always park outside the zone and get a taxi to the door….

I have a ’95 VW 2.4 Transporter Caravelle, a ’98 VW 1.9 Transporter 800 and a 2000 VW 1.9 Transporter 800 and they all fail according to the TFL webpage. I cannot get a Taxi as my wheelchair is much too big and SWMBO has one too:-(

pete

admin

If they are all diesels you may well be right. Petrol vehicles should be ok.

There is however always a way. I suggest you contact the management at Alexandra Palace as I am sure you are not the first mobility impaired prospective visitor they have had.

As I understand it you are not banned from accessing the LEZ, you just have to pay a fee for the pleasure. Welcome to London.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

…you are not banned from accessing the LEZ, you just have to pay a fee for the pleasure…

£100 – quite a disincentive!

Turtill

@Mike Summers wrote:

If they are all diesels you may well be right. Petrol vehicles should be ok.

There is however always a way. I suggest you contact the management at Alexandra Palace as I am sure you are not the first mobility impaired prospective visitor they have had.

As I understand it you are not banned from accessing the LEZ, you just have to pay a fee for the pleasure. Welcome to London.

I have mailed them and not received a reply. The fee is £100 per day and that has put it out of the question. I will have to content myself with visiting various Wayfarer meetings and dinghy shows during the year:-(

pete

Turtill

@Dave Barker wrote:

…you are not banned from accessing the LEZ, you just have to pay a fee for the pleasure…

£100 – quite a disincentive!

Quite sufficient to stop me going to London. Besides, judging from what I have read the recent boat show was the worst ever and many old timers say they will not go again. I will have to swan around various wayfarer meetings and dinghy shows but of course I shall not be able to attend the AGM.

pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.