Latest News: Forums Cruising Cruising Conference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • AUTHOR
    PeterW3035

Anyone on here going to the Cruising Conference?

I have been in the past and it would be a good start to the new season as I haven’t managed to sail much in the last couple of years.

Sure thing!

PeterW3035

That’s good, I’m only there on the Saturday so may meet up.

John1162

Oh peter! you will miss all the entertainment on Saturday evening. I think I recall Boris giving us a song last year.

PeterW3035

Maybe I need to hang on then? or do I …..

Hello.
    As a fairly new member, I haven’t attended the conference before.
    This may seem a strange question, but how does one go about attending the conference? I have sent a couple of emails to the address given in the magazine and I have also left a telephone voice message, all with no response. Does one just turn up?

Thanks,

Mick

John1162

I will let our Cruising Secretary, Jeremy, know you are interested. You may well have landed in his junk mail.

How appropriate.

Thanks,

Mick

PeterW3035

I had a similar problem, there seems to be an issue with his UKWA email.

I would use the good old fashion phone, his numbers are shown in the Magazine.

Yikes
    I’ve just had a look at the weather forecast for the weekend on windguru:
    it really is hard to imagine a less feasible situation in which to reach NCSC: a full day of heavy snow on Friday with wind gusting to 40mph – lovely – followed by freezing cold for the whole weekend. I’m not at all sure the club will be accessible by road!
    I’ve emailed Jeremy and await events with interest.
    We were really looking forward to it ….

Boris
    W6330

John1162

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Drifting snow? It was nice and sunny in the north today. A bit chilly but ok when wrapped up. I guess if there is too much snow to pitch a tent (doubtful) we can bunk down somewhere. As for the wind I am sure Jeremy will adjust the programme to suit.

very true John, and it was a lovely spring day here too. to be fair though I wasn’t worrying about the “once we are there” bit: it’s the “getting there” bit which was concerning me (and as son of a meterologist I have a quaint inexplicable faith in the weather forecast) … fingers crossed, it’s looking less forbidding today.
    very much hoping to see you all there!

Boris

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

‘ The Wind will be Light ‘ Who said that ?, Oh Yes it was Michael Fish !!! 🙂

PeterW3035

@Andrew Morrice wrote:

Yikes
    I’ve just had a look at the weather forecast for the weekend on windguru:
    it really is hard to imagine a less feasible situation in which to reach NCSC: a full day of heavy snow on Friday with wind gusting to 40mph – lovely – followed by freezing cold for the whole weekend. I’m not at all sure the club will be accessible by road!
    I’ve emailed Jeremy and await events with interest.
    We were really looking forward to it ….

Boris
    W6330

Surely no problem for intrepid Wayfarer cruisers, I’ll be travelling up to Nottingham on Friday afternoon and staying with my son at the Uni. Hopefully that will give me plenty of chance to get to the Club ready for the start Saturday morning.

Now where are my thermals & shovel ????

John1162

What snow? Yes it was cold but it did not stop some hardy types camping out at NCSC.

Well done Jeremy for putting on a good programme of events for both days and thank you one and all for turning up despite the forecast.

As always I learnt something new and look forward to the next Cruising Conference complete with talks, demonstrations, practical skills, substantial catering and live music.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.