Latest News: Forums Racing Countdown to the 2008 National Championships

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • AUTHOR

There are only four weekends to go the National Championships and only three weeks to get your entry in without incurring a £10 late entry fee (deadline 16th August).

I am surprised Colin hasn’t got his entry in yet, given how careful he is with his money (perhaps he is keeping the entry fee under his mattress until the last minute).

There is an up to date list of entries on http://www.parkstoneyachtclub.com/pageregattas.html (follow the links to ‘competitors list and results’)

Don’t forget to get your entry in and book your accommodation if you haven’t already done so.

Regards
    Steve

Fantasia

Looking forward to this event; I have a new genoa that needs to be measured. Will there be a measurer willing to measure it on the Saturday? I would be grateful if that is the case, but if not I shall make an effort to get it measuerd elsewhere beforehand.

@John Hartley wrote:

I have a new genoa that needs to be measured. Will there be a measurer willing to measure it on the Saturday? .

Hi John, yes I am sure that you will be able to get your genoa measured on Saturday, before or after the RNLI Pennant race which is effectively a practice race for the Nationals.

Mike McKechnie and I are due to meet at Waldringfield next week to discuss scrutineering arrangements for the Nationals. Watch this space for more details.

Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Steve Collins wrote:

Hi John, yes I am sure that you will be able to get your genoa measured on Saturday, before or after the RNLI Pennant race which is effectively a practice race for the Nationals.

Just to explain that the RNLI Pennant race is a regular PYC Saturday Wayfarer series race, with start and finish at the PYC race platform, unlike Poole Week/Nationals which will have a committee boat start. Traditionally Poole Week competitors are invited to participate, and make generous donations to the RNLI 😉

Richard

Fantasia

Can you let those of us who are travelling what time the RNLI Pennant Race starts for Wayfarers on the Saturday? Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

@John Hartley wrote:

Can you let those of us who are travelling what time the RNLI Pennant Race starts for Wayfarers on the Saturday? Thanks

Warning signal 1405.

Also a club member, Mike Fox, has B&B accomodation still available for the week – 2 doubles and one single – within walking distance of PYC: http://www.foxesbandb.co.uk/

Richard

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

An added attraction that is happening the same week as the nats but is still open on saturday and sunday 30th/31st is the

” Great Dorset Steam Fair “

This is a very big fair with all kinds of steam and mechanical things going on, also music, real ales and food outlets galore.It is well worth a full day if you like this kind of thing. Web Site = http://www.gdsf.co.uk

Have fun!

CP 😀

Fantasia

I don’t see your name on the entry list Colin, there are various other expected names missing too. Are we expecting a last minute rush of entries?

I know about the dinner on Saturday, but are there any other social events planned?

Is there a plan of the racing marks in the harbour that I can download and laminate? I haven’t a clue how I am going to find my way around. I suppose it will be follow the leader, but who will that be? Will it be Colin with his local knowlege?

See you all on Saturday morning.

Sea Lancer

John
    We are upto 41 entries so far including Colin!

When you register you will be given a entry/race pack which will include a laminated map of the harbour showing the position of all the racing marks. Around the outside of this are photographs of the buoys. To further assist with navigation we are providing a lead rib which will move to each mark ahead of the lead boats.
    All entrants are invited to sail with us on Saturday in our club racing (start at 1400) to get used to the Harbour.

Entertainment: Saturday 23rd Aug Wayfarer 50th anniversary dinner and Charity Auction. Sunday evening is the Commodores welcome buffet. Wednesday evening there is a Mexican Night and Friday after the prize giving is a BBQ. Details of these events and others will be in your entry pack.

For those who haven’t made their minds up yet, it’s going to be a great week, please come and join us!

If I were you I wouldn’t follow Colin (talented amateur) anywhere! 😆

Glynne Marples

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Evenstar wrote:

All entrants are invited to sail with us on Saturday in our club racing (start at 1400) to get used to the Harbour.

The Class Captain has asked me to remind everyone that this is a charity race and generous donations to the RNLI will be solicited! The winner of the race will be awarded an RNLI pennant.

Richard

bigal

Is the pennant race a 1400 start or 1405 warning signal ???? Some confusion in the recent posts – in other words do I have to leave the bar at 1330 or 1340 ????

@bigal wrote:

Is the pennant race a 1400 start or 1405 warning signal ???? Some confusion in the recent posts – in other words do I have to leave the bar at 1330 or 1340 ????

Suggest you leave the bar at 1330, then you can’t be late! You should be back in the bar by 1700, so only a short interruption.

Steve

All competitors will be issued with sailing instructions and charts of Poole Harbour at Registration on Saturday and Sunday at Parkstone YC. In addition there is a form for you to select which Special Category Trophies you wish enter (first husband and wife etc).

You may also choose to enter an optional crew’s race on Thursday, to be held after the points race.

Light touch scrutineering will take place on Saturday as well as Sunday and will include checks on Black Bands and measurers signatures on sails.

There will be briefing for Wayfarer competitors at 11:00 hours on Sunday in the club house, led by PYC Sailing Secretary, Bob Moberley.

See you there!

Steve

UKWA Assistant Racing Secretary

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wayfarer National Championships / Poole Week results are being posted daily on the PYC web site at http://datastore.parkstoneyachtclub.com/Results/pooleweek.html#wayfarer

Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.