Latest News: Forums Technical Combi-trailer tips please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Blue Moon

I am new to dinghy sailing and brought a wayfarer with a separate trolley and a very heavy road trailer which makes moving the dinghy difficult and time consuming.

The combi-trailers I have seen recently seem a much better idea but at £700 it is very expensive. Can anybody recommend the best place to look for a second hand combi-trailer or a kit to make a combi-trailer? Or alternative a recommended a supplier of sensibly priced new trailer.

Thank you for your help.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Welcome Blue Moon,

Well your looking for Hens Teeth then,you and many others!!

Second hand combi trailers are hard to find but maybe try Ebay or Apolloduck the boat mart site.

The old Rapide Super C combi has been a mainstay of this class a long time but the new one from Rapide to me is not so good.
    You will not be worried by that as its £800.00 ????

Some have gone the part built route but do hold in mind the Wayfarer is a big heavy boat and as such needs a good trailer.

If your not going to trail far,maybe do what some at my club do and buy a good trolly with a jockey wheel and then share a base with someone at the end of the year.
    I have been towing a freind to and from his club for 30yrs, which is quite good as I am only 40yrs old?????

Good Luck,

C P 😉

Blue Moon

Thank you for the advice, I will start the search for the hens teeth straight away!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whereabouts are you?

I started constructing a combi trailer a couple of years ago. I got as far as buying all the steel, welding up the trolley part and testing it out by recovering and launching my Wayfarer on it.

The next job was to weld up the road bed and get it all galvanised but before I got that far I unexpectedly sold the boat, so it’s all sat rusting now.

I did have the great intentions of completing it and selling it on ebay at some point, but to be pragmatic I think hell will freeze over before I actually get round to it, so if it were any good as a starting point for you please let me know.

(I’m in South Cumbria)

Cheers,

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.