Latest News: Forums General Colour matching for GRP Deck

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AUTHOR
    admin

Hi folks,

I was just contemplating buying some white gel coat for a hull repair when I came across a page listing RAL colour numbers for gel coats. This put me wondering if anyone knows about the RAL colour numbers that Moore’s of Wroxham used for their deck. I have a bashed and tired looking gel coat on my Wayfarer and have been contemplating how best to find a colour match for it. Does anyone have a list somewhere of deck colours and the corresponding RAL numbers for Wayfarer decks, or is there some other method for matching up colours?

The website I found the colours on was: http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/c-726-polyester-gel-coat-coloured.aspx

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

admin

All I can say is…it’s difficult.

Some years ago I bought some gelcoat and filler powder and a couple of pots of pigment from Blue-Gee. I was trying to match the blue on my old Enterprise. The trouble is it is one colour when it is liquid, another colour once it had gone off and another colour when rubbed down flush with the surrounding deck. It gets darker at each stage and I never got it right and once it has set and you have rubbed it smooth you don’t want to dig it out again and make the damage worse.

Maybe there is a clever way to get the colour right but I have not found it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.