Latest News: Forums General Cockpit cover measurements.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Davesp

I want to buy or make a cockpit cover that will be easy to fit and will keep the rain running into the sea. Does anyone know either who sells a good one and/or the measurements and shape/pattern so that I can attempt to make one myself for my Mk II?

Many thanks

Dave

West Cork – Ireland

I’ve been thinking about this recently too – not seen any advertised but would probably look to make it myself anyway. I was thinking that if the boom was rested between the rear tank and the aft end of the foredeck it could act as a ridge to support the cover just higher than the sidedecks. It wouldn’t be too difficult to then take a series of measurements from the boom to the gunwhale to generate some form of pattern. In terms of attachment I was thinking of hooking it onto the tent bridle just under the gunwhale. I had also wondered if it could double up as a towing cover but that would mean it would need to be a quite a bit more robust. Anyway I dont know if that all makes sense – would be interested to hear from anyone else who has made their own and also to hear how you get on.

Jonathan
    W2312
    Shuna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.