Latest News: Forums General Class Captains—-Please help !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Liam

Do we have your details? If not can you please make sure Sarah Burgess gets to know who you are, which club, how many Wayfarers are sailed at your club.

We need your help.

We are aware there are many Wayfarers in boatparks with owners who are not enjoying the benefits of UKWA membership. They are missing out on our excellent, indeed unsurpassed quality, magazines. There are hundreds of events for racers and cruisers alike. Our shop merchandise has improved in variety and quality. Our website is good but is soon to be much better. Above all those owners are missing the friendship and ‘belonging’ which comes to those who join the Wayfarer family.

So. Class Captains please do your bit and help us to help you maintain our reputation, recognised last year by Yachts and Yachting.

Contact Sarah Burgess when you have a moment, that is all it will take.

Many thanks
    Liam
    W10740 ‘Nimbus’
    Chairman UKWA

Hi Liam,

I wasnt too sure where to post this – and was also going to put something in the ‘Class Captains, help needed’ – post…….. but anyway………

I think the idea of putting more info on the web about boat numbers and owners is a great one. Anyway of encouraging communication within the class can only be beneficial. As you say, there are many, many Wayfarers in clubs – racers, cruisers, family boats, training boats in centres etc etc…. Many of these folks will undoubtedly benefit from what the Class Association has to offer.

It would be great if all Class Captains could encourage folk to look at and use the forum – the more people that use it, the more useful it will be to everyone. It is a great resource. As many people say, ‘there is no such thing as a stupid question’!
    People shouldn’t be wary of posting – good discussion is good!

Trevor
    Hofreki
    W10686

greid73
    Participant

Good request Liam, and comment Trevor.
    We could make better use of this forum, and to kick things on a bit, can I ask class captains of Irish fleets to send their full contact details to UKWA?

I know the Irish Chair is Monica Schaefer, Gordon Reid is the new Irish Secretary, and the Class Captain at East Down YC is Henry O’Friel. Hopefully together we can get the Irish fleet details on the website up to date, and then improve our contact lists for Irish members of UKWA, and others active in the area.

In the meantime, feel free to email me at irish.sec@wayfarer.org.uk

Gordon Reid
    W1611
    Irish Branch Secretary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.