Latest News: Forums Cruising Can I make my road trailer dual purpose?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR

I am going away at Christmas but will be leaving my boat behind. I was wondering if it would be possible to temporarily convert my road trailer into a general trailer that I can store the turkey and decorations in? Afterall, it would be a shame to have to leave one of the children behind in order to have enough space.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or wisdom regarding how to make a top for my road trailer?

tempest51

Hire a roof box…and leave the kids behind anyway?

Turtill

@rogerlennard wrote:

I am going away at Christmas but will be leaving my boat behind. I was wondering if it would be possible to temporarily convert my road trailer into a general trailer that I can store the turkey and decorations in? Afterall, it would be a shame to have to leave one of the children behind in order to have enough space.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or wisdom regarding how to make a top for my road trailer?

Take the boat and load it up with your stuff?

pete

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

If you put a box on a boat trailer, the weight may need to be over the wheels as much as poss, forward of that will put extra weight on the car via the towbar.
    A couple of down sides of the trailer box combi is where do you store it when you get to your destination and your speed is kept to the towing speed which slows your trip some.
    A well made box with proper bolts or clamps to the base for it will be needed for safety and the law if they cast an eye over it but you can also use it for a trip to the tip as well.
    Good luck, and have a good Christmas! CP

Thank you for your suggestions. I certainly have food for thought and hopefully will be able to take food for Christmas!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.