Latest News: Forums Cruising Cabin Fever…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AUTHOR
    krgough
    Participant

Can you smell it..

Face the southwest and breath deeply….That’s the smell of the 2010 sailing season 🙂

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Well you have been locked up a long time havent you !!

All i can smell here is a pub with real ale, a curry house and a fish and chip shop.

With all that just on my doorstep, the new season had better be tasty or I will not leave the road I live in.

See you all soon, Maybe!! 😉

Ps, Southwest of you is Cowes, and you know what comes out Cowes ??

Leave It!! Its a smelly ferry !!

C P

krgough
    Participant

Hehe… I knew I would get the “not round here mate – they are muck-spreading in the fields” type of reply..

Anyway – this year I have my new shiny and bloomin expensive jib tracks to try out. We don’t point well and we’ve tried raking the mast, tensioning the rig (bought a gauge), maxing out on kicker tension (did the cascade thing)…

So this is it – either the tracks work or I accept that either I’m no use at racing or I need to buy a new boat – and that ain’t gonna happen. So the only thing left is to take a hint from the Olymipic training regime – visulisation!!

Ignore the agricultural and industrial distractions, face the southwest, breath deeply, fix the image of W9327 in your mind – jib tracks glinting in the sun and dedicate a prayer to the wind gods to help me point higher……

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

The Muck smell round my way comes from the northwest,about a mile to the sewage plant!

How about the training weekend at Datchet,always learn something new at these events even if it’s Mike Mac talking a load of waffle ! 😉

They are well run and always help me someway or another,even this old,set in his way’s Dog.

Do Come One and All

Also the Dinghy Show this year has some good speakers, and that Mac guy again ??

He must get a proper job!

C P 🙂

bigal

Can’t access the racing section but our PY increased to 1101 and Phantoms reduced by 8 to 1035 – for surplus supplies of silver polish contact the Shoreham Phantom fleet !!!!

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Mr Big, I was on the Phantom stand at the Dinghy Show yesterday and I dont think the news had got to them yet? and I said i had a Wayfarer as well.
    What drew me to that boat was the size of the reps on the stand, made me look thin and I think I could eat more pies in that fleet if ever I find I have no mates (crew) in the Wayfarer fleet.
    Dont Worry about the polish, I will keep the Poole Week Cup shinny for you to look into for this year but do come and have another go for it as I think I have run out of credits with the wind Gods. 😉

C P

bigal

I’ll be there .. but Barfleur won’t !!!!

Camp-site already booked .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.