• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #3512

    Hi there – the drainage bungs on the oustside of the transom of my Mk II GRP wayfarer have been “borrowed” whilst the boat was stored at my sailing clubs boat park.

    The are the older desisign (15mm centre hole and two flanges either side) which lock with a 1/4 turn rather then the more modern screw in variety.

    I’m struggling to source these from the usual online chandlerys and any suggestions would be welcome on where I may be able to get a pair.



    Hi Martin,
    Try kayak or canoe suppliers, Brookbank canoes or similar


    I have bought several brands of bungs to convert to plugs for buoyancy testing. I am happy to inform you that none of the bungs fitted another brand. You could try to find a brand name with a looking glass or compare your current bungs to pictures on the internet, but since you have to buy both parts together anyway, why not just buy a new set from what ever brand your chandler prefers and replace the lot. All you need is two self threading screws and some Sikaflex filler. You may even be able to re-use the existing screws. If the old screw holes are in the wrong place, just fill them up with Sikaflex and drill new ones.

    And if you get you ever find out who nicked them, give him a piece of my mind as well!


    Glad you noticed before you launched again!

    Seriously, what a stupid inconsiderate thing to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.