Latest News: Forums Racing Bough Beech open meeting.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is going to be an open meeting this year?

Fantasia

According to the events calendar for Bough Beech SC its on, look here http://homepages.rya-online.net/BoughBeechSC/events/calendar.shtml Are you thinking of going? It would be great to have a decent turnout.

Participant

Rach & I plan to go.

barbie

we need to organise the evening due for the club if that is possible … we need more bough beech special brew! l,ets make it an end of year party to remember!

XX

Participant

Yes we are planning to go, it would be good if we can have an end of year party though!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simon Winn at Bough Beech has informed me that because of the memorial service of a committe member and previous commodore of the club on the Saturday, BB his year will be 4 races on Sunday only. There will be a social event locally on Saturday evening.

barbie

how will this effect turnout… it would be good to get some last racing in before the end of the season so dig out those dry suits and lets go sailing!
    XX

Participant

I understand from Mr Winn the Sunday 4 race format is still subject to confirmation.

The plan is to greet boats saturday afternoon and retire to a local hostelry. It would be just great if as many people as possible can make this.

Mr Q

mckechnie

I think I am now probably the owner of the one remaining Hartley racer. I am without my normal crew for Bough Beech but Louise, my wife, is threatening to crew for me – she says “to ensure that the Hartley Wayfarer is no faster than anyone else”!

Kathy and I will bringing our Hartley racer to Bough Beech (subject to the weather forecast)! We have never raced in a Wayfarer open meeting before and never raced with a spinnaker, so a big learning curve to go through.

We are planning to arrive on Saturday to get some practice in.

@Danegeld wrote:

I think I am now probably the owner of the one remaining Hartley racer. I am without my normal crew for Bough Beech but Louise, my wife, is threatening to crew for me – she says “to ensure that the Hartley Wayfarer is no faster than anyone else”!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.