Latest News: Forums Racing Bough Beech Finale November 2009

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Bob Harland
    Participant

The Notice of Race and Entry Forms are now available to download on;

http://wayfarer.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=240&Itemid=172

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Is the club going to put on anything on the saturday evening, a simple meal at the club would be fine and would mean we will not all disperse and the clubs gets very little from its having put on an open.
    C P 🙁

Participant

So as Colin asks, will there be an evening event held at the club? As I remember it Bough Beech was the end of season party, Chateau Fiasco was poured in demijean’s at the table and lots of fun was had by all. How can we re-kindle the spirit – so to speak? Apart from that who is going?

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

I have been told that the club caterer does not do anything on that night so that is why the sailers all head for a pub,great shame but if thats how its run now,so be it.
    For no other reasons than I have grabbed a £12 return flight to my friends in Scotland,( so not much in your pocket Mr O’Leery but I may buy a drink from the cabin staff as they are on a cut! ) i will not be going again this year.
    Think of me in the cold north when you bask in the sunny glow of the south at the open,how I will miss a trip round the lake with you all ???

C P 🙁 😉

Participant

So Colin do you need anyone to help you with your luggage? It sounds as if a trip up north could be fun….It is a shame you wont be there as I may be sailing with a cuttlefish friend of mine 😆 That should be interesting to see if we make it round the course without breaking something or feeding the fish 😆

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Ah! The Cuttlefish,a very lovely fish that takes in lots of fluid and is most helpfull in the feeding of others!

Its a long fish and as such takes up lots of room on your gunwale if yer lucky to have one on your boat!

For a fish it can be very noisy! full of fun but very hard to catch.

I beleave your species has come from a colder climate of late and will be good in the warmer waters of the south!

Good Luck and Happy Fishing

As for my trip up north, Your right it will be good ! Think Chateau Fiasco with a kilt!

Luggage! for £12 return will be crossing my legs in fear of the bill!!!

C P 😆

mckechnie

Simon Winn tells me:
    Supper on Saturday night the 7th will once again take place at the ‘Greyhound’ pub in Hever, ~2.5 miles from the Club.

For members of the supporters’ (non-sailing) club who don’t want to watch the sailing, there is shopping in T Wells or Tonbridge; but more interesting there are Hever Castle (Henry VIII) and Chartwell (Winston Churchill) only a stones throw away. Best to see their respective web-sites for times and prices. They too have shops and presents galore.

PS Simon’s Tel.No. (01732) 750548.
    He also has a mobile which he promises to switch on on Sat morning the 7th, and the number is 07982 609 939

bigal

The Greyhound has accommodation and Philip and I will be staying the night ( separate rooms !!!) .

Someone ( Simon I guess ) has booked a table for 25 for dinner- count us in please Simon .

bigal

I’m aiming to bring the boat to Bough Beech during the week . Do I need to know any codes to unlock any gate that might be in the way ?

Kathy and I are planning to compete in both day’s racing and join in the festivities at the Greyhound pub on Saturday evening.

We will be having the National Circuit Series prize giving on Sunday after the open meeting prize giving.

Main contenders for the series are Martin Collen and Mike MacNamara. It will be interesting to see if Mike brings his ‘new’ boat.

Steve

bigal

As to my previous posting re Bough Beech gate code perhaps a BB member could phone me rather than post any code on the forum.

Alan

01444 400607

bigal

I have the current code now -thanks .

Alan

01444 400607

Check out the reports on a successful National Circuit Series finale on the Y&Y website – see links on the front page of this website.

Many thanks to Bough Beech SC for hosting a very successful event with good race management.

Steve

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.