Latest News: Forums Racing Bough Beech (BBSC) 8th /9th November 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • AUTHOR
    mckechnie

The Flag officers and members of Bough Beech SC will welcome anyone who wishes to bring their boat to BBSC in advance of the 8th / 9th Nov, perhaps on the 1st / 2nd Nov to join BBSC members and have a practice race with them on Sunday 2nd November: starts are 11 am and 1.30 pm. If anyone needs access during the week please call Simon Winn on 01732 750548 for the gate combination lock number.

Participant

….MPC and I plan to go. Who else?

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

And Me!!!! CP 😀

Participant

Mac says he is coming too. Who else is coming, or can be persuaded…

bigal

Sorry – failed a fitness test and my crew is in NZ defending his World over 60 squash title
    … and my new Hartley is not due for another three weeks .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sadly we’re not going to be able to make it after all … combinations of kids commitments and work, plus a scary wind forecast!

Have fun all and look forward to some stories …

Robin & June CHOUGH

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Sorry to say I will not be coming now,Shame but thats sailing!!
    Have fun you all,

CP 🙁

Fantasia

How did it go? The weather was fairly foul here – I hope that it did not put too many people off.

mckechnie

I am sure that Steve Collins will produce a full report but in the meantime……..: On Saturday the weather wasn’t as bad as had been forecast and the max gust was probably only about force 4, however it was wet!! The total turnout was 19 boats with a good six from the local club. Most of the top helms were there. On Sunday it looked quite calm to start with and was certainly drier than Saturday, but almost as soon as the start gun went for the first race some pretty gusty winds hit the lake. There were a few capsizes in the first race on Sunday (Race 3) but Mike Mac won from Roger Challis, Martin Collen, Quentin Strauss, Gordon Harris and with Dave Roberts 6th. Race 4 in the afternoon was even gustier (perhaps f 5 to 6) with some spectacular capsizes, notably Mike Mac at the first gybe mark. However, he was up very quickly and was off in hot pursuit and made it back up to 4th at the end of the race. That race was won by Gordon Harris, with Martin Collen 2nd and then Roger Challis, Mike Mac, Quentin Strauss, Brian Lamb 6th. Overall results were: Mike Mac, Martin Collen, Gordon Harris, Quentin Strauss, Roger Challis, Brian Lamb, Graham Barker, Dave Roberts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a report and pictures on Yachts and yachting web site,and if I understood computers I would give you the link.
    But you will have to find it yourself on the wayfarer pages.
    roger

Fantasia
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.