Latest News: Forums Technical Boom end fittings and boom cross-section

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a boom which I though was a Proctor boom with a 2520 section. However when I bought a couple of boom ends they didn’t fit. The outboard boom end fitted losely, but the main problem was that it was upside down. Can anyone help me identify the boom and therefore the boom ends that I need.

It seems complicated to upload images so I shall try to describe the boom cross-section. The outboard end is egg shaped with the track at the ‘narrow’ end. It is approx 2 3/4″ (7cm) high and 2 1/4 (5.8cm) in at it’s widest point. The inboard end is closer to a regular oval, being approx 2 3/8″ (6cm) high and 1 5/8″ (4cm) wide.

Thanks for any help

Ben

Swiebertje
    Participant

How about a picture?

Anonymous
    Inactive

After much searching around on the net and asking questions of mast/boom manufacturers it seems that the most likely explanation of the boom section is that it has been cut from a mast section. One of the clues is that that where the boom narrows in section there is a weld; also one of the holes in the boom looks like it would accept a sheave block. So if this is correct it would explain why I couldn’t find boom end fittings. Thank for the offers of help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.