Latest News: Forums General Boat Cover.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Roger
    Participant

I’d like to treat myself and my boat to a new cover.
    Does anyone know of any good deals on price and quality currently available?

Regards Roger.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

The Best on the market for longevity is Banks !!
    If you would like a price I can help you with that, 01202 476145 Colin.

admin

Looking on FleaBay I come across this (apologies if the link does not work – it’s as long as your arm, just search for wayfarer cover on eBay)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wayfarer-Dinghy-Overboom-Cover-PVC—**NEW**_W0QQitemZ220606946247QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=161456067542&rvr_id=161456067542&cguid=7c34ad9912b0a0aad5835123fff2c073

Has anyone had experience of this seller and is the product any good? It’s about half the price advertised by the usual sources for boat covers. Half the quality?

Roger
    Participant

Looks good.

Does anybody have any more Info. on this seller?

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Yes it is Mike !!! You get what you pay for.
    CP

Hi Roger,
    I recently bought a new cover from a dealer on ebay, Kwik2me is the name. They have a best offer price, I got mine for £65 + postage and am very pleased with the cover, fits well etc..
    Vince
    W7584

Roger
    Participant

That is a good price indeed.

What type of material is it made from?

cover made from heavy duty pvc. check it out on ebay. go to ‘wayfarer dinghy cover,’ there are 2 I bought the one from kwik2 you.
    Vince

Roger
    Participant

Yeah,I saw that one, but I have a wooden boat, and I think a breathable Polycotton cover would be more suitable.

I’m still looking.

Roger.

tempest51

Roger,

Banks polycotton cover is the only way to go if you want to protect your boat. No such thing as a free lunch with our sport!

Roger
    Participant

Just seen the Pinnel and Bax site,they’ve got Polycotton boom-up for £208 in their sale.

How do they compare with Banks for price and quality?

Roger.

tempest51

Roger,

I paid £240 end of last season with free carriage, and noticed a few improvements to my older cover. It’s make your mind up time folks.

Roger
    Participant

Yes tempest51 I think your right. The thing is Pinnel and Bax are on my doorstep and I can pick one up any time, as they have them on the shelf. I’d like to get one before Jan 1st. as VAT. will be going up to 20% and their sale ends on 24th Dec.

I’m definately going to have to make a decision very soon.

tempest51

Roger,

Uncle Tempest suggests you call Banks Sails and tell them what they are competing against…they might even capitulate and offer at the same price…times are hard out there for all suppliers.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

No need, just ring me and i will sell you any Banks cover you want !
    I did PM you Roger but not sure you got it.
    I am a Banks agent of 20plus years, ask around if you want.

Colin May 01202 476145 or Mobile, 07866350462

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.