Latest News: Forums Technical Which make of overboom cover?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jmcc500 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR

jmcc500
    Participant

We have a Rain and Sun overboom cover which has done good service for the last 3.5 years but is now fraying around the gooseneck and generally getting a bit tired and mouldy. Looking for a replacement, has anyone got experience of Banks vs Rain and Sun? Rain and Sun do the deep sides which is leading me to favour that option but keen to know if there is a reason to go elsewhere.

Thanks!

James

john1162
    Participant

I have rain and sun covers for my wooden boat and they do fit well and cover lots of it. I also recently bought a £70 boom up cover  for another boat off ebay and it keeps the rain out. Unfortunately it is not breathable so black mold has appeared on the underside. I would not recommend it to anyone wanting to look after a pristine boat. Rain and Sun every time for me.

jmcc500
    Participant

Went with a Hydralite version of our existing deep sided poly cotton Rain and Sun cover, albeit in black rather than blue. Should arrive today for fitting at the weekend. Will report on any differences between the materials!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  jmcc500.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  jmcc500.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.