Latest News: Forums Introductions How to post a cruising log?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Barker 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR

James Archer
    Participant

I noticed when looking at the ‘Cruising Reports’ page that there are no recent entries. Also there does not seem to be a way of uploading or entering a cruising log on the page. Is there a different page for doing this or am I missing something?

James Archer
    Participant

Hi, I am a new member with an old Mk1 Wayfarer (‘Gannet’ sail no.367) which I notice is listed in the cruising reports (dated 1980) under ‘Manx crossing’ written by the then owner H. Clague.

I came across the boat by chance in Ullswater a few years back, and bought her on the spot with a friend. We gave her an overhaul, stripping the mast with a cabinet scraper and re varnishing from scratch. We stripped the hull down to the ply and re filled, primed, undercoated and top coated with Toplac.

Aside from some of the usual failings like corroded bottle screws and aged fittings she is surprisingly sturdy and seaworthy and I sailed her single handed from Angle (Milford Haven) across the Bristol Channel to Padstow last May. Before the cruise she was fitted with a fixed VHF set and masthead LED tri anchor light. Most brass screws were replaced with stainless steel and new Aluminium fairleads and cleats were added to replace the tired brass ones. The Whale pump was serviced. We fitted an anchor shoe to starboard (below the washboards) on the floorboards  and stowed a 7lb plough with 15 metres of chain and 50 metres of warp.

This season I am having an AIS transponder fitted and a new chart plotter.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

Hi James,

You’re right, there are no recent entries, and perhaps that is partly because it’s not obvious how a write-up should be submitted for inclusion. Actually all that’s required is to send your text, photos, video or any other media to the Cruise Librarian, currently me. Contact details in the usual place.

I’ll get the web team to change the wording on the Cruise Reports page…

Cheers,

Dave Barker

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.