Latest News: Forums Cruising Any suggestions for simple day cruises during half term

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    SeaHolly

With half term week fast approaching and the prospect of a week’s leave, I am starting to plan for things to fill the children’s diary and hope that the weather will be favourable enough to allow some simple first cruises. 😀

I have looked into various possible areas such as the East Coast Rivers, the Solent or Poole Harbour, but any suggestions would be gratefully received, particualrly those that might involve a place to sail to, lunch (picnic or pub, the latter preferred) and return to base.

Kind regards,

Darren

Dave Bevan

Last year we sailed from Itchenor (Chichester Harbour) and at easter this year, from Parkstone (Poole Harbour) with our daughter and son (7 and 3years old).
    Both were ideal for short passages to a shallow beach, in relatively safe waters and we could launch at any tide, so could fit around the kids, rather than the tides. Poole offers more in the way of beaches, especially if you’re prepared to venture out of the harbour past the ferry.
    Nearly finished my log of the Poole trip, hope to get it on the website soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We will be sailing from Studland beach next week. Plenty of places to go from there if you fancy a sail company. I will also be sailing with my kids.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.