Latest News: Forums Introductions Another new Wayfarer owner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all.

I am now the proud owner of W6516, ‘Marmaduke’. She’s a Mk2 GRP boat in fantastic condition now living at Netley Sailing Club on Southampton Water. Rather convieniently my house is less than a mile from the club!

I haven’t had her on the water yet, I’ve been figuring out where all the bits of string go and lashing her down in view of the awful weather forecast for the next few days.

I hope to get out on the water ASAP, weather and crew dependant.

I have never had such positive comment about a purchase. Just about everyone I know seems to have sailed a Wayfarer and loves them.

Hope to see you all on the water soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome Chris, like you I am a new owner too, having sailed an Enterprise for a few years and enjoyed a bit of racing and a bit of cruising (Broads, Lake District, East and South Coast).

It’s amazing how Wayfarers hold heir value and it has to be because they are such good boats that people hang on to them. It was a long time and lots of calls before I found mine. Hope you have got yours wet now, I am still filling and polishing and replacing fittings, but someday soon !…..

I am based in Sussex, so not far from you in Southampton; there must be some great cruising to be had around there as well as having access to the Solent and the Isle of Wight. One of my ambitions is to make it accross to Bembridge, probably next year when the days are a bit longer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.