Latest News: Forums General AGM Result of vote for the proposal.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Fantasia

As not everyone has signed-up for access to the UKWA member’s only section on this Forum, I thought that it might be useful to post here the result of the vote for the resolution proposal to accept the new Hartley Wayfarer for racing.

I am not sure that I have the exact figures; but the vote was convincingly in favour of the proposal. The figures that I remember are 194 for, 22 against. That includes all proxy votes and votes taken at the AGM. The votes taken at the AGM were 33 for 7 against (many having voted by proxy already). All these figures will be ratified. This is a clear message from the mebership.

Now, let’s go sailing!

Jim.Byers

I attended the A.G.M.and intended to ask to folling,but the subject ran out of time(When ordering new sails do racers specify”they must be stretched and bagy like my old ones”) or do they go for advances in cloth ect.
    I also bought the April Dinghy Sailing Magazine Page 74 “Are There Too Many Classes”Seems to conclud a class either develops or dies.
    Page 78 Compares a “W” to A Comet Trio> It does not make it clear if the Trio Is a development of the Comet But If It Is ? Its equal If not ahead of a “W”.
    One of the claims of the racers was (If the “W” is developed the class will die)((Other developed classes were quoted)) The “W”is different,It also lays claim to being a great crusing boat so if a development of a out and out racer appered the second hand marked for cruisers would be enormous.
    Jim.Byers.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Jim, Go for the latest sails used by the same type of sailer as yourself,ie,if you cruiser ask the the same people or if a racer ask the racers.

In the racing world we do lots of work to develop a fast shape and design so as to get one ahead of each other and hopefully win.The work I have done with my sail maker has worked wonders in the last few years, see results!! W 9068

So all that work can be used by yourself to help you be as fast as you can be and then its up to you to point the boat the right way on the race course.

Give me a mail if you would like to chat about anything i can help you with.

CP 😀

The Comet Trio is not a development of the Comet. Totally different boats, different sizes, different sails etc. They ARE produced by the same people, and so may have the same design philosophy.
    Other classes are developing: look through Y and Ying and you will see new sails in modern materials for Scorpions, Graduates, Fireballs, Streakers etc.
    In the Wayfarer, the developments have been around the hull, for the past 25 years or more – making it easier to look at, look after, build, sail, drain, sleep in, launch the spinnaker, motor, cruise, race etc. – but not all of those options in the one version!

Jim.Byers

You miss the point Colin.You obvously believe in development where the sails are concerned.How about the same belief about the boat.
    Jim.Byers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.