Latest News: Forums Racing 2011 Open Meetings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • AUTHOR

@bigal wrote:

The only difference would be at the prize-giving where the Western prizes would be given instead of the Poole Week prizes .

We could still award the Poole Week prizes alongside the Western Champs prizes. The winner of the week would be the Poole Week Champion and the Western Area Champion. Remember that we incorporated the National Champs within the International Champs last year.

Steve

bigal

… and other classes have used the unaltered Poole Week arrangements for their Nationals or other class events ( Moths ,RS100’s Enterprises .. )

If Parkstone aren’t happy with this what about using the Fed Week ( or the first few days of it ) Hayling is further west than Shoreham and has a resident Wayfarer fleet to boost the entries .

Thanks Big Al, how could I forget that we ran our own National Champs as part of Poole Week?

bigal

We did indeed but had champ-type courses . That is not what I am suggesting for the Westerns – simply normal Poole Week courses but using the normal Poole Week results for the Westerns . No extra burden on the club at all is my intention .

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Only my opinion,

We need to find another weekend for the Westerns as this is what an Area Champs is all about,

May not be a rule for it but thats the spirit of them,

Open for more people on a weekend, not another week needed for a sailing event,

We have Ireland and Holland in the diary already this year which need a week, without any family holidays i am sure the non sailers will want to take.

We can ask to much of the class!!

With only weekend events in this country this year,its open for more people to go for the Area Champs and Travellers Cups by only useing a weekend at a time.

The National Champs next year, I would welcome a return to being another week long or long weekend of sailing that stands alone.

ps, With me saying that, I have no problem with what is happening this or happened last year, just give the other way a go again!

CP

bigal

I too would prefer another w/e but if that is not possible at this late stage let’s use Poole Week surely .

Your racing secretaries have worked hard to find another weekend racing, but with no luck. We were looking at another venue on the South Coast between the Greenwich meridian and 1 degree west, but they have not come back to us.

So we are where we are now. The options are:
    1. no western championships
    2. western championships as part of Poole Week.

But we have no intention of imposing a solution on a club. Are there any other opinions out there? I am aware that this is a three-way conversation only between Alan, Colin and me.

Best wishes
    Steve

bigal

Thanks Steve and as i won’t be at the AGM let me also thank you for your efforts over the last three years .

Thanks for your kind words, Alan. I have enjoyed it.

I am pleased to announce that Wayfarers gave a good account for themselves in the Datchet Warm-up Series.
    Scott Hamilton was third overall in the Fast Handicap Class
    Peter and I were fifth
    Tony Cooper was sixth.

See full results: http://www.dwsc.co.uk/results/winterwarmup2011.htm

It was a good series. It would be nice to see more Wayfarers there next year.

Steve

Back to the main topic….. Who’s going to West Oxfordshire?

A confession – I have signed up for a Costal Skipper Practical course, sailing from Ipswich to Belgium on the 9th April so, unfortunately, will not be at WOSC.

Regards
    Steve

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Looking good for me to be going, just get an mot on the van and hit the road, C P

bigal

Time you got an MOT on yourself as well surely – weight in the back of a Hartley is not good !!! Not that I know of course .

Thinking of renaming my boat ‘ Pork Pie ‘ to give me a psycological advantage .

I see Barfleur is coming back for Poole Week – helmed by a relative of yours of course .

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

You could always call your boat, ‘ Slim Chance ‘
    CP

bigal

Slim eh !
    Obviously looking at my body in the showers – I’ll have my shower at the camp-site in future !

Any reports/news/gossip from the West Oxfordshire SC open meeting on 9/10 April?

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.