Latest News: Forums Racing 2009 Open Meetings, Who is going to what ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Participant

@Colin Parkstone wrote:

When you look round at the opens you can see that camping ect is a popular way to help us all to do what we enjoy and would be a great loss to us all!!

C P 🙁

Colin, that’s a good point that I was going to make. If the venues we choose for the open meetings have camping facilities adjacent to them, you not only keep the overall costs down but also have a much better social to boot!

And as you know…I do like a good social 😆

Kathy and I will be at Waldringfield SC next weekend for our first Wayfarer racing of the season.

It will be interesting to see if our intensive warm weather training in Antigua and spinnaker practice sessions at Queen Mary SC have paid off. I am, at least, tacking facing forwards now and haven’t fallen over while doing so for a while.

We plan to travel up on Friday afternoon to give us time to erect our big tent. I seem to remember that there was a club event (with food) on Friday evening last year which we invited ourselves to. Is there anything going on this year?

Steve

No I am afraid there isn’t any Friday Social this year, but there is a meal on Saturday.

We plan to be at the Club Friday afternoon for part of the afternoon so maybe we will see you then

@Steve Collins wrote:

It will be interesting to see if our intensive warm weather training in Antigua and spinnaker practice sessions at Queen Mary SC have paid off. I am, at least, tacking facing forwards now and haven’t fallen over while doing so for a while.

I have discovered that practising does not prepare you for the pressure of real racing conditions! Never mind, we had a great time off the water at Waldringfield.

The oriental meal on Saturday evening was probably the best meal I have ever had a sailing club. And the dawn chorus when we woke up on the campsite was spectacular. They even have cuckoos in Waldringfield. All we can hear in South West London is screeching parakeets.

Thanks to all at Waldringfield SC for putting on a great event.

Steve

Our next Wayfarer outing is to Bourne End Week at Upper Thames SC. We will be erecting our tent in ‘Sin City’ next to the railway line. Another great camping venue.

Unfortunately we won’t be able to attend the Inlands at Grafham. We have to help organise an open day at our own club (Minima YC). We are commited to attend all the other National Circuit events.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.