Latest News: Forums Racing 2009 Open Meetings, Who is going to what ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Colin Parkstone
    Participant

I intend to go to West Oxford open to start the season off with a bang, good fun last year with great hospitality.

Mind out for the geese with big feet!!

Then Waldringfield and Grafham.

Do come to as many as you can,great fun with like minded people and if your new to the class Welcome!!!

C P ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll see you at West Oxford, Colin. I have National Circuit Series qualifer trophies to award you and the new Marauders (Kath and Tracy)

Kathy and I are just back from intensive warm weather training at Sunsail Antigua. I have been working hard at converting from a transom main to centre main. It was tough, but it had to be done.

Unfortunately we had to sail in Topaz Omegas – I am working on Sunsail to reintroduce Wayfarers.

Best wishes
    Steve

mudskipper

We are hoping to maraud in that general direction – see you there.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Two good bits of news from Steve,

A cup for me and all my crews who helped me with my Open trips, and

Steve will now be facing the right way when he tacks,Yipeee!!!

C P ๐Ÿ™‚

Liam

Sue and I will be there too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

West Oxfordshire Sailing Club is very happy to welcome Wayfarer sailors to its open on 18/19 April (the weekend after Easter). Details of the event can be found at http://www.wosc.org.uk/wayfarer.htm

If you want to camp (tents, caravans or motorhomes – is that right Colin?) at the club on Friday night, please let me know and I will come down to the club to let you in.

The geese are particularly pleased to hear that Colin is coming back and have been practicing precision night landings in anticipation!!!

As well as our own open, Genevieve and I are hoping to go to Grafham and Falmouth this year.

Liam

Hi John
    Sue and I will be bringing our camper as last year.
    Looking forward to it.
    Thanks for letting me know you intend to come to Falmouth too, great news.
    Liam

mudskipper

Hello John

as knitting is all the rage we’ll be there.

Looking forward to it.

mckechnie

Sadly, I have to send my apologies for the WOSC event; there is a Viking invasion at home! However, I hope to get to all the others.

@Danegeld wrote:

Sadly, I have to send my apologies for the WOSC event; there is a Viking invasion at home! However, I hope to get to all the others.

I thought thet the idea of ‘dangeld’ is that you give the Vikings some money and then she lets you come!

๐Ÿ™‚

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Tall Blonde Viking Girls and lots of pillaging, think I may miss Oxford as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ๐Ÿ˜‰
    C P

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

John,

Yes you right with your naming of the ” Motorhome “

A Motorhome has an oven and a Camper does not!!! Ner Ner !!!

As for the Geese,they had better watch out as I have a new recipe for

” Geese in a Pie with Tapioca ” Ha Ha !!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜†

C P

Hi everyone
    The plans for the Open are sorted and include breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday and fish and chips and a quiz on Saturday.
    Prize giving is at 2pm on Sunday.
    Gates open at 9 on Saturday, but if you need access at a different time please contact me by Thursday on 0797 497 3867, unless you have already made arrangements with John Ward
    WOSC is looking forward to welcoming you
    Laura Hutchins

Liam

Set off with camper van and boat – reached Taunton when we were phoned to say camping no longer available on site for visitors at WOSC – Committee decision apparently.
    The event was good fun last year when a number of us camped on site and the 3 hour journey was worth it for the social engagement.
    So not feeling very welcome now, we have turned around and gone back home.
    Liam & Sue

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Thats a great shame Oxford,you made us most welcome last year and at such a late time too.

Lets hope the Health and Safety have not got to this as well???

When you look round at the opens you can see that camping ect is a popular way to help us all to do what we enjoy and would be a great loss to us all!!

Lets hope its a blip this year only and we can come back again soon,it will be hard on all clubs if not??

C P ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.