Welcome to the UKWA Home Page Forums Racing 2008 Racing Events – Anything going on?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Mounts Bay SC have offered us two dates for a Wayfarer Open meeting (both shared with other classes and subject to confirmation by their sailing committee).

Sat 2 – Sun 3 Aug

Sun 22 June (one day only, but we could organise a cruise to Penzance on Sat 21 June).

My first choice would be the Aug date which we could definitely badge as the Western Area Champs.

Mounts Bay is one of the best venues I have sailed at (and good for families too) but it’s a long way West.

What do you think?

Regards
    Steve

Fantasia

Great venue, but possibly a little too far for a weekend meeting?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agree with John – what about Highcliffe or Lym

@vintner wrote:

Agree with John – what about Highcliffe or Lym

Happy to contact them. Do you have contact details? It might be more covenient to email them direct to me on s.b.collins@btinternet.com

Liam

Is there an assumption being made, which I would support, that the new boats, will be accepted for entry to the racing circuit which is now being put together.Has the class found a way of accepting them as Wayfarers? I hope so because if there is some positive movement on this and Richard Hartley makes some more, then we will be sorely tempted to rejoin the fold. It is really good to see interest in the regeneration of the racing circuit

mudskipper

As we were in Lymington last season, how about Highcliffe if they are happy to host an event? It’s always nice to see somewhere different as you dangle over the side.

@Septimus Fry wrote:

Is there an assumption being made, which I would support, that the new boats, will be accepted for entry to the racing circuit which is now being put together.Has the class found a way of accepting them as Wayfarers?

There are no assumptions being made – Michael and I decided to stand for election at the AGM, but we both felt that we couldn’t wait until then before starting to put a fixture list together. Excomm agreed to our ‘designate’ status.

Regards
    Steve

Assistant Racing Secretary Designate

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just had confirmation that Warsash SC can hold an event weekend of 14/15 June 2008

It would be great if it could be the Westerns!

Liam

Steve
    Good for you. It looks to be coming together well.
    Liam

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike and Steve will have my support-both on and off the water . I was going to volunteer myself but felt I had to wait until I knew the results of the op .

No contacts at Lym or Hichcliffe I’m afraid .

There is a clear consensus that Mounts Bay is too far away, so I have informed the club that we won’t be taking up their kind offer this year.

Fortunately, Waldringfield can offer us an open meeting that weekend 2-3 August so we can go there instead – should be a good warm up for the nationals.

Netley SC can’t host an open meeting for us this year, they have already finalised their fixture list. No response from Highcliffe yet.

Lymington Town have a Regatta on 9th/10 August, so we should be able to tap into that.

Mike is working on the Eastern Part of the country and waiting confirmation for a date for a Southerns at Shoreham and an open meeting at Hickling Broad. We assume that Bough Beech will have a finale event in November?

Waldringfield will have their normal Easter Egg and ‘Cartoon’ events.

Mike and I are toying with the idea of a National Circuit (see below)
    What do you think?

National Circuit and Area Championships
    The winner of the national circuit will count their best four results from the five meetings listed below.

17-18 May Blackwater SC Eastern Area Championships
    14-15 June Warsash SC Western Area Championships
    tbc Shoreham SC Southern Area Championships
    tbc Grafham Water SC National Inland Championships
    2-3 August Waldringfield SC National Circuit Final Event

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steve, just found out that the Westerns are the same weekend as one of our Warsash SC summer socials so there will be a BBQ at the club on saturday evening and a live band playing as well 😀

beefeater

nb – the waldringfield national event on the events part of the website shows 2-3 sept not August – which is it?

mckechnie

Dear Beefeater, the Waldringfield National Circuit Event 2/3 August is definitely plugged into the website as 2/3 August (when you look at it on the page view) but when you look at it on monthly view it appears in September, I agree. That’s odd and wrong and I’ll contact the webmaster. Anyway, just to clear things up until it displays correctly in monthly view, it is 2 /3 August.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.