Latest News: Forums Racing 2007 Calendar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know it’s a bit early to ask, but how soon can we expect a glimpse of the 2007 major open meetings calendar? I’m presently starting to put together another class and a club calendar, and would like to try to avoid the three-way clashes I had this year…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are the area events for 2007. I’m still waiting for absolute final confirmation for Westerns and Southerns so please regard those as provisional at present just in case – you can take them as 90% certain.

Inlands – Rutland Water, 29/29 April
    Easterns – Stone SC, 19/20 May
    Westerns – Weymouth SC, 2/3 June
    Nationals – Royal Lymington YC, 22-24 June
    Southerns – Warsash SC, 7/8 July

As you can see I have tried to fit the events in before the Worlds:

Worlds – Hellerup SC (near Copenhagen), Denmark, 6-12 August

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, well done Toby – I didn’t expect such a full list so soon!

Mmm, Rutland, nice! And good to be going back to Warsash (assuming it’s going to be F.3-4, sunny and warm again). Not so sure about Weymouth.

Actually, I’d be interested to hear people’s favourite-ever Nats venue and why. I wasn’t, unfortunately at the fabled Falmouth event which, if turnout and the stories are to be believed was the ultimate.

My vote would therefore go to Parkstone (inside the harbour), while Blackwater was pretty good too. Both fairly sheltered venues with nice flat water but interesting surroundings and plenty of landmarks and shifts to use. Good for the cruisers too, I’d have thought. Least favourite places: Lowestoft (OK, it wasn’t a Nats but would be a possibility, I guess) or indeed any sea venue that sees us bashing round the eternal triangles miles from anywhere; always feels like drag racing to me, as the fastest boats inexorably draw away, metre by metre, while your leg muscles scream!

Liam

Richard
    Dates for Poole Week ?
    Liam

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whilst not a Nationals, the Worlds at Strangford Lough must rate as one of the best ever events I’ve been to, along with Falmouth of course.

Richard

Anonymous
    Inactive

Liam wrote…

> Dates for Poole Week ?

19th-24th August 2007

All Wayfarers welcome!

Richard

RayS

The calendar has been updated on the web site event list. If your club’s event is not listed please let me know – also the deadline for the event list in the magazine is closing on Wednesday 29th November. Still missing dates, Bough Beech, Aldeburgh, Medway to name but a few!

Ray

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.