- 07/08/2019 at 6:21 pm #29858Francesco SissoParticipant
a silly question, I’m sure. But I’ll give it a go anyway.
I would love to buy a Wayfarer, but my garage is not big enough to store a full length mast. Is there anything like a 2 sections mast? Thank you for your kind reply.
Francesco08/08/2019 at 9:11 am #29860David StanfordParticipant
I also cannot fit a Wayfarer mast in my garage, but I store the mast outside, upright against a drain pipe running down the side of the house. I’ve got a system with a block and line with a bracket to secure it at the highest point (I could describe further if you wanted).
There are 3 disadvantages to this system:
– it is subject to the elements all the time
– it has to be loaded onto the trailer whenever I use the boat (and off again before putting boat in garage)
– there is a slight security risk
David13/08/2019 at 11:38 am #29882jmcc500Participant
I don’t think a 2-section mast is possible with a main that runs up a track/luff groove. I have only seen them used with sleeved main sails.
David’s solution sounds like a good option. Or do what we (have to) do – keep the boat at your local friendly sailing club!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.