Latest News: Forums Technical Lazy Jacks Re: Re: Lazy Jacks


In my bigger boat experience lazy jacks are normally used in combination with a stack-pack which is a sail cover permanently fixed to the boom that unzips along its top and has stiffeners (maybe plastic tubes or battens) along the length of the boom so that the main drops into the cover and flakes itself so that you just zip the bag closed over the top.

I suspect all the windage of the stack-pack plus the extra rope that forms the lazy jacks and holds the stack pack open is just going to be too much on the smaller size of the Wayfarer. Normally I am an enthusiast for clever gizmos and cunning tricks but I would not use lazy jacks, I have enough rope to deall with as it is.