Welcome to the UKWA Home Page Forums Racing Is a hull builders plate a necessity plate for race woodie ? Re: Re: Is a hull builders plate a necessity plate for race wood


The license plate is not related to the measurement. It shows only that copyrights have been paid. There are many boats out there without a measurement certificate but with a license plate. In a strict legal sense boats without a license plate are no Wayfarers. Only boats with a license can be measured. If copyrights have already been paid the copyright holder will issue a new plate at cost. You can get a new plate from the copyright holder through the UKWA secretary.

Having said that, a measurement form is obtained by having your boat measured. However, the UKWA secretary has copies of all UK measurement forms ever made. If your boat has already been measured you can ask the secretary for a copy of the forms and a for new certificate but more important, your boat does not need to be re-measured. So, what you probably need to do is ask Sarah for a new licence plate and a measurement certificate, pay a few pounds and fix the plate to your boat. Only mayor repairs to the hull may prevent a new measurement certificate from being issued (see class rules).

In the unlikely event a license has never been issued you would have to pay the full license fee to the copyright holder to obtain a sail number. But if a sail number has already been carved in to the transom this seems highly unlikely.