Latest News: Forums Technical Failed front tank buoyancy test Re: Re: Failed front tank buoyancy test

#11393
Roger
Participant

Had a bit of luck today as I found out that the main culprit for the leak on the front tank was the hatch closure and the turn-buckles which didn’t have any rubber washers on.

So I’ve replaced the old gasket seal, slightly thicker this time, and used some vacuum grease around the turn-buckles, and she holds a vacuum which meets the Association requirements, which is great news as I want to get on the water as soon as possible.

I shall leave further work till she’s laid up for the winter at the end of the year.

Roger