Latest News: Forums Racing Countdown to Weymouth 2010! Reply To: Countdown to Weymouth 2010!

I hope that you have checked out Bob Harland’s excellent new website for the Wayfarer Worlds.

And I hope that everyone (even Colin) is happy with the massively subsidised (thanks to Richard and Mark) early bird entry fee of £98! Excomm decided that we should make a real effort to encourage novice sailors and cruisers to join in the and so decided to introduce a special bronze fleet entry of £50. This replaces the enter three boats, one boat goes free scheme which we were toying with and I mentioned on a previous post. No complaints, please – if you can persuade three novices to come from your club, it is even better value for them!

There will be rules seminars, buddy systems, tuning clinics at Weymouth to help novices improve their skills events and official measurers will be present to help people get their boats legal.

I am finalising details of the race training weekend – provisional date is the 5-6 June,

What do y’all think?

Steve