Colin – that really is spooky timing as I’ve just done it a few days ago! So far I am very pleased with them. I took your advice about putting the strips in hot water before pulling out straight which certainly helped but getting them straight was the only difficult bit. I had them hanging off the underside of the garage roof for a while with G clamps as weights on the ends which was quite effective. Glueing them on was pretty easy and I then used duck tape – as you suggested – across them to hold them in place whilst the glue dried. They seem to be attached pretty firmly and have survived the first test sail. As I said previously time will tell, but so far very happy not to have drilled any holes.
Thanks again for your advice.