Latest News: Forums Technical Steel plate & W World Reply To: Steel plate & W World

matoi

Bob,

Thank you for your comment, which as usual seems very prudent and rational. If I would ever go ahead with this modification, I would make sure it is done in such a way that it can be reverted to normal setup.

I have given the matter a lot of thought, and there are several reasons for which I would like to try this. Three easiest to describe are: interest towards singlehanded sailing, unpredictable and quickly changing weather, and an impressive article in W News by Tony Williams in which I spotted that he has a steel plate in his ‘Taronga’.

Of course, it might be that such modification is not possible at all on a World. I’ve never seen how this area is constructed, so this is why I ask. I wouldn’t like to cut out some inspection holes on the sides of the CB case, only to find that the inside is made in such a way that it cannot be reinforced, or that it’s not possible to replace the pivot pin with a bigger one…

Thanks + best wishes,

m