Latest News: Forums Racing Championships 2009. Falmouth Reply To: Championships 2009. Falmouth

Liam

Dear All
Brian Phipps, well known Dart Catamaran Champion and owner of the area we will be using for boat storage/recovery has responded to me with the following…for your information.

Hi Liam,
No problem good to hear there will be a growing group of Wayfarer sailors.
Camping will be as it was last year, “Caravan Club” style camping, basic but on site, we also have limited spot for MB homes that want to stay on site, have attached a sheet.
I know the Wayfarer group are pretty self contained but if there is something we can offer on top of the standard car and boat parking come back to me.
Thinking?
1) A vehicle tow facility to haul boats back to the dinghy park at the end of the day? My thinking is providing a suitable tow at a set time each day to take boats back into the dinghy park for those who do not want to raise a team!
2) A landyachting evening on the north cost? Normally we take up to 30 persons, suitable for everyone.
3) Class BBQ facility at the centre? We have the open barn and BBQ drums where you can have a class party one evening.

Let me know .
Thanks
Brian

Windsport Camping 2009
Caravan Club style camping facilities, available to individuals using the Windsport launch or watersports facilities.
Currently there are no electrical hook up facilities. Persons under 18yrs require parental supervision at all times on site
Pitch information (per pitch) Size 5m x 4m Includes 2 x adults 1 x car parking space
Car parking NB. Cars park in adjacent car park area
Caravan / Mobile homes Subject to size (ask for details)

Day rate
Pitch rate £25.00
Additional adults £2.00
Additional children (Under 16 yrs) £1.00

Camping area 30m x 14m allows 14 pitches max

The above is the attachment. Pitches at Cosawes are cheaper and more facilities. If you choose Windsport the facilities are basic but the location is adjacent to the dinghy park and has superb views.

I don’t think there will be a need for the vehicle tow he talks about but will discuss with him anyway.
I have suggested the idea of an evening land yachting might be of interest…it looks like fun and I am sure we would all be very good at it!

The BBQ is dependent on decisions around the social calendar because RSC holds its own BBQ/Hog Roast for us as does neighbouring Mylor YC who put on a Mardi Gras with live music.

The Committee will be visiting in advance I understand, and will no doubt sort such things out but I like to wet your appetites.

I intend to source some locally made mementos of the occasion for all entrants. Still got mine from the 2000 Champs. Stuck to the Fridge!!!!

Liam