I used my secumar for the first time this week whilst out solo sailing in Langston Harbour. (fantastic sail by the way, beautiful weather – very sunny, plenty of wind – almost no other boats out, 1 reef in and 1 big smile 😀 )
My secumar was fitted to a flag halyard going to the top of the mast, so secured top and bottom of the device, then both parts of the halyard secured low on the mast.
I did find it flapped around a bit, so I am going to change this method, and rivet a couple of small hoops high up, and secure the secumar on the mast before going out. I shall probably include short heavy bunjy / shock cord between the secumar and the connector to give some tension to it.