Latest News: Forums Cruising Wayfaring in south Devon. Reply To: Wayfaring in south Devon.

Given half decent weather you will have a great cruise. I am biased having grown up and learnt to sail in Torbay, but it is a fabulous bit of coastline and cruising area. Cant really add a lot of detail to the comments already posted. Plymouth Sound, Salcombe Estuary, Dartmouth (would recommend exploring upriver towards Totnes if you have time) and Brixham / Paignton / Torquay are all very worth calling in at. In terms of launching you could consider the Mountbatten sailing centre in Plymouth – I’ve done a lot of sailing out of the Plymouth Yacht Haven marina recently (right next door to Mountbatten) and there are definitely loads of dinghies around and very good launching facilities.

What are your plans for overnighting? Will you have any form of shore support or are you going self sufficient? Will you be returning to your starting point?

Would be interested if you could update this thread as you plan your trip and definitely some comments after you have completed it. I would hope to be doing something similar before too long.

Good luck
Jonathan