Latest News: Forums Cruising Wayfaring in south Devon. Reply To: Wayfaring in south Devon.

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi John. You are probably already aware of this but Salcombe is excellent Wayfarer territory (I want to go there myself )……straight out of my Honda good launch guide….www.boatlaunch.co.uk……Batson creek Salcombe tel. 01803 861358 looks good. Salcombe Harbour office tel 01548 843791………Dartmouth has two entries and Kingsbridge looks good has two entries (tide restrictions)…….basically you are going to have a good time………I’m with you in spirit…..My advice would be phone the harbour master of any new venue….Fowey in Cornwall and Bembridge (I.O.W) were really helpful and know the questions you are going to ask (parking trailers/trolleys etc)……….like anywhere if you are going in school holidays slipways will get hectic….I’ll let you be the guinea pig. Stick any photos on here too…its easy and brings it all to life. Good luck. Hopefully you might even get a reply from someone who has sailed there!

Also don’t bother with the estuary at Bigbury on sea……its a legendary windurfing venue with fantastic waves in on-shore conditions…..(my previous incarnation pre-Wayfarer)….obviously okay if there is no swell for sailing.