(Posted Thursday 15th Mar, 09:00)
“I have had to juggle three main factors in my decision here. The first is the risk of snowfall with certainty of high winds on Sunday, the second the certainty of a grey weekend with strong winds and temperature maxima of 1 degree, and lastly waterlogged ground and a flood alert on the River Trent with further rain forecast for the next 2 days. To put the cherry on the top of this the river level data for that stretch of the Trent has not been updated since last night (and it usually is). We have also been unable to find an alternative venue nearby at this short notice....read more
“The equivalent safe passage planning decision would be “find an alternative passage or stay ashore!”
“Whilst I appreciate this will be a disappointment for many it looks very likely indeed that we could hold the event in on the last weekend of September or the first weekend of October, at NCSC, instead. Once I have dates I will be emailing you all to see if you could make it on the available date. Obviously if you can’t manage then you will be refunded as soon as you confirm that.
“with all very best wishes
“Boris – Cruising Secretary.”