Wayfarer owners have benefited for many years from an insurance scheme negotiated by the UKWA and tailored to meet the specific requirements of the class and to reflect the good overall claims experience.
Since 2009, the insurance scheme has been provided by Craftinsure.com, the UK’s leading online boat insurer, and one of UKWA’s main race sponsors. Whilst Craftinsure provides a quick and easy way to obtain insurance online, there is also a telephone help line (0345 2607 888 in the UK, or 012824633 in the Republic of Ireland), providing access to a team of specialist staff, many of whom are also keen sailors.
Features of the UKWA scheme with Craftinsure include:
- Highly competitive premiums
- ‘New for Old’ cover on parts, including sails and covers up to 3 years old
- Underwritten by Navigators & General, part of Zurich Insurance plc
- Extensions available for Wayfarers to be left unattended on moorings
- Cover available for Wayfarers kept outside the UK or Ireland
- £5,000,000 Third Party cover (€5,000,000 if based in Ireland)
- Contributions to UKWA funds for each Wayfarer insured with Craftinsure.com
- 24 hour Claims Helpline, with facility to track claim progress online
- Multiboat discount at renewal
- Instant quotations and cover available online, or by calling 0345 2607 888 in the UK or 012824633 in the Republic of Ireland
So if you are not already insured through the UKWA insurance scheme, try calling Craftinsure when your policy comes up for renewal. (Don’t forget to mention UKWA).
Rod Daniel (Craftinsure) May 2021